A look back at the top 10 recipes of 2016!
Happy almost new year!! I have such a great feeling about 2017 after this first year of blogging.
First of all, I’m SO thankful for each and every one of you that has ever read a single post of mine. Like, if I met you, we’d be friends and I’d love you. I realize I made that sound just about as weird/creepy as possible, but I just love you guys, okay?! I love seeing you recreate the recipes I post here, it literally makes my day (okay, month) when you send me photos of recipes you’ve made.
This year was big for me. Starting my blog really opened my eyes to my true passion and what feels like could be my purpose in life. Got deep there, didn’t I?! But in all seriousness, there have been ups and downs but I wake up genuinely giddy with excitement when I know I have a day full of blog work ahead of me. What started as a hobby, a fun place to save my healthy sweet creations, has quickly become my passion. I’m so happy that I have this little corner of the internet to share my healthy treats with you all. You guys are seriously the best.
A quick recap of my non food related happenings in 2016!
- Husband and I ran a marathon together
- We got married!
- Then went on the BEST honeymoon ever
- We bought land and started building a house
This year, I’m looking forward into moving into our house, creating even more recipes for the blog, and most of all connecting with more of you beautiful bloggers and readers. This is such a cool outlet and I love reading others’ stories, seeing new, inventive recipes, and just chatting! So never hesitate to drop me a message or a comment about anything at all.
Now that I’ve blabbed for probably far too many words, here’s a recap of the blog’s most popular recipes in 2016! From 10 down to 1 based on page views, these recipes were the ones you all loved the most! I had way too much fun figuring these out. It was so exciting and gratifying to see that a lot of the recipes you all loved were ones that I loved, too, and ones I worked really hard on! Did you try any on the list?! Oh and PS, a few of my favorites are listed below that didn’t make the top 10!
10. Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cake: This cake is soft, thick, and packed with pumpkin puree and pumpkin spices. I made it for our Thanksgiving dessert and it was a hit! Such a fun alternative to pie during the fall season.
9. Vegan Skillet Cookie: One giant, gooey cookie, baked inside a skillet. Do I need to say anything else?!
8. Vegan Pumpkin Pie: As a cake-lover myself, I have to say, the two pies I made for Thanksgiving this year were fab! I got a lot of great feedback from you guys, especially on Instagram. This pumpkin beauty is just as delicious as it is pretty!
7. Vegan Banana Bread Doughnuts: Doughnuts are just fun. These have all the flavor of banana bread but in cute, doughnut form!
6. Vegan Pecan Pie: This was another big favorite that I got great photos of you guys recreating. I just love how beautiful pecan pie looks, and the flavor and texture of this one is so amazing. Just like the pumpkin, the crust is just two ingredients and the filling is super easy, too! Dates for the win.
5. Vegan Dark Chocolate Cupcakes: I was so happy these made the list, because the pictures are laughable, but I LOVE cupcakes, and of course chocolate reigns supreme! These cupcakes are soft, moist, rich, and topped with a perfect light and creamy whipped cream.
3. Vegan Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread: As the namesake of this blog, I was happy to see you guys loved this banana bread as much as we did. Then again, how can you go wrong with melty little rivers of chocolate?!
2. Vegan Chickpea Burgers: These absolutely blew up on Pinterest, which took me by surprised, but they are so delish! They’re super easy to throw together for a healthy, satisfying meal with tons of awesome savory flavor.
1. Vegan Chocolate Protein Doughnuts: And finally, number one! These chocolate protein doughnuts got so much love, and I love them too. Who doesn’t love a good doughnut?! The best part is these are healthy and super easy to throw together after workout or just for a fun breakfast.
Here are a few of my absolute favorites from 2016 that didn’t make the list. Trust me, you want to try them!
- Vegan Almond Butter Swirl Brownies – oh my stars. I have no words for these.
- Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread – ate an entire loaf myself back in the spring during marathon training in about 24 hours. SO ooey, gooey, banana-chocolatey!
- Vegan Cinnamon Rolls – these are officially a Christmas morning tradition for us. Ready in less than an hour!
- Vegan Dark Chocolate Frosted Brownies – how do you improve a brownie? Rich, thick, vegan chocolate frosting.
- Vegan Chocolate Cookie Dough Cupcakes – a combination of sooo many of my favorite things. Almond butter, edible cookie dough, chocolate, cupcakes. These were my post-marathon victory feast, and it was a SUPER fun time.
- Vegan Pancakes – these didn’t get a fair chance since they got posted between my top 10 list and the new year, but they are seriously my FAVORITE pancake base recipe. So thick and fluffy!
- Vegan Cheesecake Bars – rich, creamy, creamy, and SO creamy. Did I say creamy? These were so incredible, I really can’t explain. Just try them.
So that’s that! 2016 was full of delicious, plant-based sweets, and there’s more to come in 2017! Here’s a little preview of what you’ll see. If you’ve got any specific requests, feel free to leave a comment! I love to hear your input about what recipes you’d like to see here.
- Lots and lots more cheesecake!
- A heavier focus on cakes and cupcakes – my favorite dessert category
- A lot more brownies, bars, and breakfasts
- Occasional dinner recipes – still the first week of each month
- AS ALWAYS – easy, vegan, gluten free, plant-based, healthy, yummy sweet recipes!
I hope you have your happiest, healthiest year EVER! I can’t wait to experience it with you.