Hi, I’m Sara! I’m a certified holistic nutritionist, and this is the place for me to share my favorite sweet, vegan recipes with you. I also have a youtube channel sharing videos for how to live happy, healthy vegan lifestyle! I’m so passionate about living a vegan lifestyle, because I truly believe it’s the best for the animals, our own health, and our planet! You’ll find mostly sweets around here, but the occasional savory recipe, too. All of my recipes are simple, and made with just a few healthy ingredients. Whether you’re vegan or not, you’ll see that healthy food can be amazingly delicious, easy, and you’ll feel amazing, too!
I live in northwest Ohio with my wonderful husband, Joe, and our two dogs, Rumor and Tyson. My little family is my world and the best part of my life – I wouldn’t be anywhere near where I am without their constant love and support!
Beaming Banana is home to my sweet, healthy, vegan recipes. I absolutely love baking, and here I create my most favorite desserts using healthy, wholesome ingredients so that you can feel good about what you’re putting into your body but still enjoy the pure joy of baking. I’ve always LOVED to bake. I have such wonderful memories growing up baking with my mom, and that love has stayed with me and simply morphed into baking with healthier ingredients since I adopted a totally vegan lifestyle a few years ago. You’ll see some recipes that are ridiculously easy that I make often, and some that are more special occasion-appropriate treats, a bit more indulgent but still based on healthy plant foods.
I started a completely vegan diet in January of 2015 purely with the goal to be healthier, and it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. While health was definitely my motivation to start, I’ve since learned a LOT about the ethical and environmental impacts of animal agriculture, and now I’d say the ethical component is most important to me. I love animals so much, and they deserve to be treated with love, respect, and compassion. They are not here for us to use, torture, and murder for the simple pleasure of a meal.
I’m so passionate about eating healthily and feel that my body works optimally and feels best when I’m eating vegan. So many people think eating plant-based is about deprivation – that couldn’t be further from the truth. I’ve never felt LESS deprived – and I grew up eating the standard American diet. Once I started eating this way, I saw the abundance that plant foods offer, and I felt so amazing I’ve never looked back.
I have SO much confidence that this way of eating could help so many people to feel as amazing as I do. You don’t have to feel terrible and sick all the time. You don’t have to contribute to the cruelty, suffering, and slaughter of thousands of animals every day, or to the destruction of our planet. It’s SO possible to thrive on a vegan diet, and you’ll seriously never want to go back once you realize how incredible you can feel. My goal in posting recipes is to help you see the abundance of options and creativity that comes with a vegan lifestyle, and just how fun, sweet, and delicious fueling your body in a healthy way can be.
I hope what you find here makes you beam. 🙂
- Family and faith are everything to me. My husband is my best friend, biggest support, and the best partner in life I could’ve ever dreamed of.
- I went vegan in January 2015, and it was the best decision of my life. Since then, veganism has become my passion, and I absolutely love spreading the vegan message for the animals.
- I went to the Ohio State University (go bucks!) for undergrad and a Master’s degree in early childhood education, and taught kindergarten for 3 years before transitioning my career to focus on spreading the vegan lifestyle and helping others be their healthiest, happiest selves!
- Foods I can’t live without: bananas, sweet potatoes, oats, dates, almond butter, chocolate
- I have a candle addiction. They’re just so comforting and lovely. All the baked good scents, please!
- I have two dogs, Rumor, a bull terrier, and Tyson, a staffordshire pitbull mix.
- I’m obsessed with all things Christmas!
- I have a dream to open a little vegan bakery/cafe someday.
- I HATE cold weather. So it’s no surprise that spring and summer are my favorite time of year (other than December, of course – see #7).
- I love working out and moving my body. Joe and I ran a marathon together in 2016 and it was one of the hardest but coolest accomplishments of my life!
My Favorite Blog Recipes:
- Chocolate cookie dough cake
- Chocolate chip banana bread
- Chocolate chip cookie gooey bars
- Cookie dough brownies
- Oatmeal breakfast bowl
- Soft batch chocolate chocolate chip cookies
- Skillet cookie
- 2 ingredient chocolate nice cream
- Chocolate cheesecake
- 3 ingredient chocolate cereal – healthy cocoa puffs!!
- Almond butter swirl brownies
- Chocolate peanut butter date truffles
- Gingerbread cookies!
Favorite Vegan Education Resources:
- Podcasts – all on iTunes
- The Chickpeeps
- The Bearded Vegans
- The Real Good Podcast
- Our Henhouse
- The Rich Roll Podcast
- Food for Thought
- No Meat Athlete Radio